Bade Miyan- The Kebab Restaraunt

10:16:00 Unknown 0 Comments


Adding to my food trail in Mumbai, I recently tasted the menu of the famous ‘Bade Miyan-The Kebab Restaurant’, thanks to my lovely brother who sponsors my wish list like anything. We went to the Apollo Bandar outlet to have our meal and add ourselves to its long list of customers.Here’s my mini-review of the restaurant.
Photo Credit: tripadvisor












The place is not very spacious as such but I liked the cute mini fans over my seat, keeping me cool. To begin with, we ordered the Chicken Shami Kebab. I’ve always loved shami kebabs and Bade Miyan lived up to my expectations. The combination of minced chicken and egg dipped in the secret recipe of ‘Bade Miyan’ worked for me.

The next dish on our plate was the Mutton Baidi Roti. It was my first time to have baidi roti and was quite excited about it. The baidi roti is a minced mutton patty with a layer of egg on the outside. It’s like mutton in an omelette. The dish tasted good with the right amount of spices to enthuse your taste buds. But a thinner layer of egg would have made the baidi roti even better.











After baidi roti, we went fishing and ordered Tandoori Promfet Fish. Since I am not a fish person, I am going to be biased about it (that’s just how I am :P). I found the fish okayish and not very great. But on the contrary my brother, who by the likes fish, was happy finishing the whole dish by himself.












The ambiance is fine, not much of a fancy scene to look up to. The service was a little slow but the waiters are nice and polite and will ask you if you how you liked the food. All-in-all it was a fine experience with the 69 year old brand. I am looking forward to trying out the adored kebabs at the street stall in Colaba.
I will be ticking off many more things off my bucket list and blabbing about it here. Stay tuned for more.
What: Bade Miyan- The Kebab Restaurant
Where: Tullock Road, Apollo Bandar, Colaba, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400004
Timings: 11a.m.- 1a.m.
Cost: Rs.600 for two
Must Try Suggestion: Mutton Baidi Roti


0 comments :