Exhibition Trail at India Habitat Center

09:01:00 Unknown 0 Comments


There is always something or the other happening at the India Habitat Center. I was in the vicinity so decided to take a round there.
At the atrium, I was greeted by an art installation by Muralist and Installation artist- Gopal Namjoshi on the theme: Coexistence: You/Me/Them/Us which displayed deers and peacocks made out of metal scrap. Not very colorful or pretty though but I liked the concept behind the installation.












The Open Palm Court Gallery holds different exhibitions weekly and monthly. Right now there is an exhibition of Folk And Tribal Paintings Of India Group which displayed works in Madhubani, Warli, Gond, Pichwai and more being held this week. Though I don’t have much knowledge of art and painting but I enjoyed having a look at paintings. Apart from the paintings, there are also some metal and wooden artifacts exhibited there.The exhibition started on 12th April and will end on 17th April.














 I also came to know that there was another photo exhibition going on so I found my way up to the 6th floor at the Delhi ‘O’ Delhi Foyer where a photo exhibition on Old Delhi: A Vibrant Heritage by Hemant J. Khendilwal. There were photos of Jama Mazjid and by lanes showcasing the charm of Old Delhi. The photos are surely very nice. However I expected it to be a bigger affair as I was the only one paying heed to the photographs. This exhibition is for one month and the photographs will be displayed till 30th April, 2015.

































































It is always nice to visit India Habitat Center and this time too, I enjoyed my wandering around here.
Entry fee- Free
Nearest Metro Station- Jor Bagh



0 comments :